Moving Made Simple
Not sure how to plan your upcoming move? We have provided steps you can take to help you with a smooth transition to your new home.
2 MONTHS BEFORE
- Research your new community, and look for amenities, schools and childcare
- Arrange for prescriptions, medical, dental and school records to be transferred to your new location
- Get quotes from moving companies and make a moving budget
- Create a move file to keep track of quotes, receipts and other important details
6 WEEKS BEFORE
- Get rid of items you don’t want to move
- Order boxes and other moving supplies
- Start packing items
- Make arrangements for items on the Do Not Move list
1 MONTH BEFORE
- Reserve your move
- Call utility services at your current and future locations to cancel and set up service
- Get your personal vehicle serviced so it’s in the best condition before the move
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- File a change of address with Canada Post
- Notify your insurance company, credit card company and any monthly memberships of the upcoming move
- Arrange for parking for the moving equipment
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Review moving plans to be sure you have all the information
- Tell your bank or credit card company about the upcoming charge
- Pack an essentials box with items you’ll need upon arrival at the new home
- Pack for travel
DURING THE MOVE
- Clear a path so nothing is blocking the walkway
- Do a final walkthrough of the home to check for left-behind items
- Do a final surface clean up after the move is completed for the new owners
AFTER THE MOVE
- Clean the new home before unloading items
- Unpack everything and begin organizing
- Pick up any mail being held at the local post office
- Update your driver’s license and health card with the new address within 6 days of moving
representing luxury real estate from niagara to burlington
What makes Angelika & Associates different?
- We look out for all your needs.
- Packing, renovation advice, lawyer, decluttering and more.
- We are here for you every step of the way.